Mazet du levant
EXPRESSIVE, COMPLEX WINE STRUCTURED AND BALANCED, WITH VERY RIPE TANNINS
Serve between 18°C and 20°C. Best decanted 2 hours before a meal, with stopper in place. Wine to keep between one to five years.
- Terroir: Villeveyrac.
- Grape varieties: 40 % Cabernet sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 30% Syrah.
- Colour: Deep ruby red.
- Nose: Expressive, complex.
- Palate: Red berries, powerful, round and warm tannin.
- Finish: Structured and balanced, with nice species.
- Soil type: Lime sandstone and Rognacien marl slopes for Cabernet Sauvignon et Merlot. Terroir in front of Mediterranean sea.
|food & wine Pairing||Red meats, Barbecue, Slow-cooked dishes|
|On what occasion?||Aperitif Wine
A winter rich wine
- Wine to keep between one to five years.
- If you especially want to taste this wine’s fruitiness we advise drinking it within the first two years.
- However, you may prefer to wait so as to enjoy the wine’s secondary aromas, in which case we suggest drinking it at between three and five years.
- As with all wines, the temperature at which it’s kept will dictate how well it keeps. The ideal is between 12°C and 18°C.
- Best served between 18°C and 19°C.
- To enjoy it best, we advise you to drink this wine with a meal.
- Open the bottle one or two hour(s) before serving.
- The wine is even better if decanted, to allow its complex characteristics to emerge.
Enjoy your Mazet du Levant with :
Your first course:
- Skewers of melon wrapped in Parma ham.
- Bacon and red Pepper muffin
- Roast beef
- Fillet of beef
- Chicken or beef curry
- Roast lamb
- Cantonese-style duck
- Pork stir fry with honey
- Saint Nectaire
- Roquefort or Stilton