A wine for Autumn and Winter meals of roasts, wild mushrooms, rich stews.
CABERNET SAUVIGNON & SYRAH
Serve between 18°C and 20°C ;
Best decanted 2 hours before the meal, with the stopper in place.
- Appellation: IGP PAYS D'HÉRAULT
- Terroir: Villeveyrac.
- Soil type: Jurassic limestone slopes for Syrah; lime sandstone and Rognacien marl slopes for Cabernet; essentially arid terroirs with strong character.
- Alcohol: 13,5% Vol.
- Colour: Deep ruby red, with tile coloured glints.
- Nose: Expressive, complex, hints of crystallised ripe blackcurrants and fruit in alcohol. Aromas of nut and vanilla.
- Palate: Opens with very ripe red berries; rounded and warm with silky tannins. Underpinned with toasty hints.
- Finish: Good structure and balance, with very marked tannins. Virile, rustic character, thoroughly agreeable.
|food & wine Pairing||Cheeses
Red meats, Barbecue, Slow-cooked dishes
|On what occasion?||A winter rich wine|
Best served between 18°C and 19°C.
To enjoy it best, we advise you to drink this wine with a meal.
Open the bottle one or two hour(s) before serving. The wine is even better if decanted, to allow its complex characteristics to emerge.
FOOD & WINE
Enjoy your Albaran with:
Your first course:
- Prosciutto bundles,
- Game terrine.
- Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding,
- Chicken or beef curry,
- Lavender and garlic roasted leg of lamb,
- Cantonese-style duck,
- Pork stir fry with honey and coriander.
- Goats' cheese rolled on breadcrumbs and thyme,