VIOGNIER & CHARDONNAY
Strict selection of old vines on very poor and mineral "terroirs" with a strong personality.
A wine to enjoy with rich fish, shellfish, "foie gras", or as an aperitif.
Best served between 10°C and 12°C.
- Appellation: IGP PAYS D'HÉRAULT
- Terroir: The Thau Lagoon region.
- Soil type: Clay and limestone terroir with quartzite.
- Alcohol: 13% Vol.
- Colour: Pale gold.
- Nose: Powerful. Explodes with aromas of apricots, pears and white flowers.
- Palate: Harmonious, well balanced. Delicate hints of white flowers.
- Finish: Full, smooth yet fresh ending on exotic fruit.
|food & wine Pairing||Cheeses
|On what occasion?||Aperitif Wine
A winter rich wine
Wine to keep for 2 years.
We advise you to drink this wine within three years so as to enjoy the maximum fruity aromas and freshness. Never let them age for more than three years.
As with all wines, the temperature at which it’s kept will dictate how well it keeps. The ideal is between 12°C and 18°C.
Best served between 11°C and 12°C.
To enjoy it best, we advise you to drink this wine as an aperitif or with a meal.
The wine is even better if decanted to allow its complex characteristics to emerge.
Enjoy your Faune with:
Your first course:
- Smoked salmon mousse with dill.
- Salade Nicoise.
- Langoustine Salad.
Fish and shellfish:
- Grilled lobster.
- Trout with new potatoes and green beans.
- Grilled salmon with béarnaise sauce.
- Spaghetti al pesto.
- Brandade nîmoise.
- King prawn brochette.
- Goats' cheese.
- Apricot tart.
- Pear tart.
- Pecan pie.