Mas de Daumas Gassac White
WINE FOR AGEING. BLEND OF VIOGNIER, CHARDONNAY, PETIT MANSENG & CHENIN BLANC with 17% of rares grape varieties.
A subtle white wine born on white shimmering Lutetian limestone surrounding the hillsides of ochre red glacial deposits bordering the Gassac stream.
This second exceptionnal terroir stamps the white Mas de Daumas Gassac. Four noble grape varieties dominate: Viognier from the Rhône, Petit Manseng from the Pyrénées, Chenin from the Loire and Chardonnay from Burgundy. They merge brilliantly to create the outstandingly well balanced white Mas de Daumas Gassac. The valley’s cool microclimate creates a good natural acidity, thus protecting the huge pallet of aromas.
LIMITED QUANTITY 2 CASES MAX PER ORDER
|DENOMINATION||IGP Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert - Cité d'Aniane|
|HARVEST DATES||27 august to 2 september|
|RESIDUAL SUGAR||6,4 g.|
|SOIL||White Lutetian Limestone|
|AGEING||Couple of decades|
- Serve around 10-12°C (51°F). Do not over chill.
- Open the bottle an hour before serving, but always replace the cork.
- Decanting encourages wines to express their full complexity but, always replace the stopper.
- To be drunk young (in the first 18 months) to appreciate its magnificent minerality and very complex fruit aromas.
- Alternatively, to be kept at least from 4 to 12 years to discover a very rich wine with notes of honey and crystallized fruits.
Delicious by itself as an aperitif or with oysters, foie gras or any grilled fish. A truly unique experience!